Friday, December 2, 2011

ASSIGNMENT 02

There's no more time anymore. None at all. You wake up, go to class, get homework, and then right after you get the foolish idea of going back home to sleep or the smart idea of go and do your homework. Regardless of your choice, there's always more homework for you to finish. When the time comes that you finish it, you suddenly have more homework. Like, I get that college is a LOT of work, but I barely have enough time to do my laundry. I'd rather not got to class in underwear I've been wearing for the past 3 days. And the homework takes forever, honestly, I feel like I've given homework as if other classes don't exist. Getting this work done and then trying to make it good enough for my portfolio is already a hassle enough. I've lowered my class number to four a week, it's a little better, but of course the fact that they are most certainly getting harder is not helping. And then jobs, need one, but already know that once I have one, school will take over, the job will take over, have them balanced out but have no time for anything else. Really, it's a pain in the butt. No time for anything. My sleeping schedule is so messed up that I even end up oversleeping and missing class because of working on other work so hard. My body certainly appreciates the extra sleep, but my grades certainly don't. All this work, no play is really getting to me. I'm not going crazy yet, so that's a good thing. My life could certainly do without the stress, but I guess in the end it'll be all worth it. I guess when you think about it, working in the real world of animation may not be much different, but it will become a welcome change. Working on movies and cartoons to make a deadline, it'll be difficult; no question. I just hope school becomes a good warm-up for the crunch time that is to come. All those sleepless nights and worn out days will probably become even worse than they are now. Then again, at least I'll be working on something I enjoy. That's one thing I very grateful about. Even though school is just a pain, in the meantime I get to work on the things that motivate, inspire, and make me draw and create like there's no tomorrow. I love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment