Saturday, November 5, 2011

ASSIGNMENT 03 ONE TIME I....


Coming home and playing Jump Start First Grade on my Windows 98 was the highlight of my day when I was in kindergarten. You see, my parents always bought me the Jump Start game ahead of my grade so that I could learn more and be ahead of the game; you know, typical parent stuff, at least for me. I knew what I was doing for the most part, but then there was this one game in the cafeteria area and you would work with the lunch ladies to create the lunches for the day using this machine. It asked you to put in ¼ Tsp of Nutmeg, or maybe 2 cups of flour, but I didn’t know how to read a lot of that. Sometimes I’d get lucky and get it right, but if you got it wrong, oh man, that’s when the fun starts. You see, at home and at school, I was the Red Ranger. Now before you start giggling and laughing, you better watch yourself, this is no laughing matter. This was some serious stuff. So when you get that recipe wrong and a brown sludge monster comes out of that machine, you know it’s go time. I would step back and swing my Red Power Sword in his face and go “GET BACK! DIE MONSTER!!! <insert sound effects here>”. One day two of my cousins came over and I was showing them the game. They were both a little younger than me, but don’t be fooled, they were Rangers also. We purposely got the recipe wrong just so the three of us could destroy the monster once and for all. As it reared it’s ugly head, we jumped back and swung our swords and blasters and in all the confusion, I swung my sword too far and hit my lamp. I watched in slow motion as the bulb slowly blew to smithereens and the whole lamp fell to the ground. By the time it hit the ground, the room was dark except for the light coming from the monitor and the monster still on the screen. I don’t know what I was crying over more; the fact that I destroyed that lamp or that the monster had won this battle this day… But come tomorrow, oh man… He is done for…

No comments:

Post a Comment